June 06, 2008

Still ... oil price up, reformasi sure up too.....

I was wrong; my informer told me it would only be 40sens rise.
It will be 78 sens; 40% increase in the price of petrol and RM1.00 increase for the price of diesel which will now cost RM2.58.
Any way, Prime Minister Abdullah says we are still the cheapest in Asia. Yekahh.....
I met Mrs. Ah Soh just now and she told me the price of rice which costs her RM22.50 per 5kg will now cost RM45.00 per 5kg which is a 100% increase.It is observed that essential food will/have increase 100%.
I asked Ah Beng, the supervisor of a massage parlour, how about the business cost and pricing for a massage and he told me that he expected the price to increase by about 30-40% in tandem with the rise of fuel cost. "But, massage don't use petrol or diesel," I quipped. Ah Beng: "You also stupid! The massager comes to work by car or taxi and their cost to work has increase and soon they will be asking for a pay rise or else they will mogok." I see!
Another consolation is that my Ah Loong friend just told me that he is going to reduce the borrowing rates from 10% to 8% as a social responsibility to assist the people and bumis will get extra 1% discount. hahaha .. What will be the repercussions? Transportation cost & school buses - what will be the increase?What about the chain effect on all other businesses and what is the total impact on the people?Will this be a trigger of calamities? I darn dare to think about it.

SU: Whateverlah! ..... we cant move...and yet we still have to eat.... Can Pak Lah understand or at least sits in our shoes..

No comments: